How the blog works

The poems on this blog are mostly written on the basis of my historical reading and are intended to be both educational and entertaining.
Recently I have also begun posting some of my work with Anglo-Saxon charms. This work is somewhat speculative and is conducted as an amateur researcher and keen Pagan historian.

Please feel free to use anything on this site as a resource if you think that it may be relevant to your needs.

Tuesday 25 February 2014

Four Angels

This poem draws on Enochian traditions and of course the Book of Enoch.

Four Angels

Angel Raphael, with thine bright blade,
Before me stand, become my aid,
Seraph spirit, make our wounds fade,
Lord of pure peace, the wise one Say'ed,
Help healing RA-PHA-EL.
Thee art above, minds of men,
Will all the wounds, of children stem,
Dark diseases, banish again,
Here to keep us w'ell.

Angel Gabriel, chalice in hand,
From drakes and snakes, protect the land,
Over Cherubs, chubby bright band,
Above Eden's, shores of soft sand,
Give guidance GA-BRI-EL.
Set over all, other powers,
Thee third angel, of the small hours,
Stand behind me, guard the towers,
Enochian an'gel.

Angel Michael, with thine red wand,
On my right side, from far beyond,
Big bright blue moon, in starry pond,
Teach me the truth, I pledge my bond,
Speak thy name MI-CHA-El.
Michael show me, thy hidden name,
Crystals of fire, cauldron of flame,
From all the stars, light lumens came,
Lend loving light to Hel.

Angel Uriel, with pentagram,
Left hand angel, of Abraham,
Over the world, over the lamb,
Chief of thine flock, like lord of ram,
Real angel AU-RI-EL.
Guide me show me, all of the law,
Beyond, behind, thine formless door,
The Moon and Sun, their motions saw,
Measuring time's sp'ell.


Copyright Andrew Rea February 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment